Monday, November 7, 2011

Rummage Sale



This past weekend the Gadsden Service Guild held its annual Rummage Sale. This year I have the honor of serving as President and my best friend Holly was in charge of the sale. To say it was a success is a huge understatement. When we lived in Augusta I chaired the Junior League Attic Sale and we usuallly brought in between 20-30K. Augusta is a much bigger city and the JL there has a lot more members. Our sale brought in 16,000 this year and that is almost a record! I was so proud of Holly and all of our members for their hard work and dedication to this sale. It is a huge undertaking and Convention Hall was full of shoppers all day. I was able to get an estimated count of over 1,000 people coming through the doors to find a bargain. Thank you to Ben and my mom for helping out with the boys so I could be gone all weekend to help with this wonderful cause. I can't wait to give this money back to the community that my family loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment