Wednesday, November 2, 2011

2nd Birthday















Since my goal was to start blogging in Jack & Max's second year, I decided to start with their party. We did a "Carr" birthday party (not like the Disney movie Cars--my boys will pretty much watch anything but that movie for some reason.) My mom found this precious smocking plate with three racing cars and had the great idea of putting #9, #6, and #11 on them signifying their second birthday. The party was planned to be at our home on Monday, September 6th at 4:30. As I began to look at the weather forecast over the weekend I noticed that some very heavy rain was predicted for Sunday and Monday. I had hired "Connie's Coneys" to come serve hot dogs, chips and drinks and the party was planning on being held outside like the year before. Our house is being remodeled right now and the party was going to have to be outside because we have literally taken our kitchen down to the studs. (I'll blog about that later) So, on Sunday afternoon I made the decision to move the party and we were able to have it in our church gym. It turned out to be a wonderful decision and I don't think the kids minded it one bit. Thank you to all of you who came to the party and brought such sweet, thoughtful gifts for them. There is never a dull moment in our home and I just love it!




2 comments:

  1. cute! love the idea to put the date of their bday on their outfits. sam has become obsessed with matchbox cars these days, so he might just have bypassed the cake & grab the car.

    can't wait to see some of the "reveal" from your renovations. what a labor of love to do without your bathroom & now kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a truly wonderful party! The gym was perfect for the young and old alike to run around! Great time!

    ReplyDelete