Monday, November 14, 2011

Miss Georgia Baby Shower


Emily and I and her "Future Miss Georgia!"


Emily & Jack


Yesterday was such a special day! I had the opportunity to attend my friend Emily's baby shower. Emily and I are such special friends and we met in September 2001 at the 2002 Miss America Pageant. We became immediate friends in Philadelphia, PA where we were spending a few days before traveling to Atlantic City, NJ to compete for Miss America. We learned in our very first conversation that not only were we both pianists, ADPis, but my boyfriend Ben (husband now ;) was attending Medical School in Augusta, GA where Emily was in dental school. We have stayed close friends to this day and it was such a joy to be able to celebrate she and Jon's upcoming arrival of their baby girl! Not only are Emily and I such good friends, but our husbands have also gotten to be friends which works out great! My friend Jenny who has recently started a monogramming/applique business did several gifts for her one being this adorable shirt for Emily's daughter to wear. It was a fun day catching up with Emily and seeing her family and friends who were there. "I thank my God when I remember you." Love you, Em! :)

1 comment:

  1. So fun. Congrats to Emily & Jon. I know they are so excited.

    ReplyDelete